It’s that time of year when your eyeshadow becomes a greasy pool in your eyelid creases. You touch your face, your foundation is literally all over your hands, and your hair is either limp or frizzy……It’s summertime and like other seasons this time of year requires its own special beauty tricks. To keep you looking fabulous, here are some of my favorite beauty tips for the hot season.
It’s all about the SKIN. I tell my clients, especially the young girls, forget makeup for it comes and goes but your skin has to last you forever. Be kind to your skin; it’s the only one you have.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, and more sunscreen. As high as you can find. (I use a SPF 50 for my face). Reapply often. When at beach or pool, wear a big hat to help cover your face and chest.
- Don’t forget about your neck, chest, and hands. You don’t want to be 50 years old and have your neck, chest, and hands look 90 years old. Trust me!
- We all know that tanning and tanning beds are bad for us. Let self-tanners or spray tans be your new best friend. Just be sure to pick the right product. You don’t want to look orange. There are great products out there that will provide you a natural looking tan.
- Skip the foundation and try a tinted moisturizer (I wear Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Natural.) It has a blemish balm (BB) cream in it….everything you need, sunscreen, tinted, and anti-aging properties. It’s lighter and so natural looking.
- Try fake eyelashes for the summer. You will be wearing less makeup and what’s more beautiful than a natural face and gorgeous eyes popping with luscious lashes. It will also save you a ton of time. I’m a fan of the individual lashes, but the strips are easy and affordable too.
- Bronzer baby! Since you’re keeping your face out of the sun, add in a bit of color with bronzers. Brush bronzer on where the sun naturally hits your face: forehead, cheeks and nose. Your 50 year old face will thank you one day.
- Put the lipsticks away and try a tinted lip gloss for the summer. I love a light, pink lip gloss in the summer. It just looks effortless.
- Exfoliating removes the top layers of skin making it extra susceptible to sunburn. You probably can scale back on this beauty routine.
- Try going a little more natural with the hair. If you have curly hair, let the curls be your friend. Use some great products and let them be. If you have straight hair, try letting it air dry or pull it back in a ponytail. Just easy and natural.
So have a great summer and no matter what season you’re in…..always be kind to your skin!