Remember the memories, not the mishaps.
This topic is so very important and personal to me because my son, who is also a travel professional, lives on a college campus and sells travel packages to his friends all the time. Spring Break is a big deal and we have to teach not only us, but our children to be safe at all times.
When you plan a trip over spring break, you look forward to making memories with your family and friends, not experiencing travel mishaps. Unfortunately, sometimes a spring break trip is one case of the sniffles away from the doctor’s office, one unwelcomed storm away from a flight cancellation, or one plane ride away from losing half of your luggage. That’s why it’s important to travel smart and think ahead while planning your trip.
Help your spring break travel plans go smoothly by considering these travel tips from Travel Guard:
- Research before you go: No matter where you’re going, travel is made easier when there’s a plan. If activities and travel routes are mapped out, this can help you avoid wasting precious vacation time shelling out additional costs, getting lost, or becoming stressed out.
- Don’t forget the meds: Pack ibuprofen, anti-diarrhea, and other important medications in your purse or carry-on in case someone in your family needs it. This can be a lifesaver on a flight or mid-road trip.
- If you are road tripping it: Take turns behind the wheel and make sure someone sits shotgun. They can help keep you awake, keep an eye on traffic, and help find the right roads.
- If you are staying in a hotel: Request a room above the first floor so thieves don’t have easy access to your belongings. Keep doors locked and note where the fire exits are located.
- Save your budget; participate in free activities: Call the local Chamber of Commerce and ask about events and attractions that are free and child-friendly.
- Theme park VIP: If you are taking your family to a theme park, check to see if there are VIP passes that give you back-door access to rides. Additionally, you can get a VIP guide to see and do more without the hassle. Both options are pricey but can be worth it to bypass long lines and congestion in the park.
- Pack a travel insurance plan: Lost luggage, flight delays, and medical emergencies can happen no matter where you travel. It helps to know you are covered for the unexpected with a travel insurance plan. Most plans even include 24/7 travel assistance services which can take the stress out of your travel by rebooking flights and hotels (and much more!) on your behalf. Concierge services can even recommend family friendly restaurants and activities in the area to which you’ll be traveling!
Make sure your spring break travel plans stay on track. Cover yourself and remember to pack a travel insurance plan today. Contact Tarrian M. Grant, Your Wedding/ Event Planner & Travel Specialist, for affordable insurance packages.
BBbyT Weddings, Travel & Events, LLC
(Reference: Travel Guard)