Kimberley Chance Atkins Foundation
Applications are now being accepted for The Kimberley Chance Atkins Foundation Healthcare Scholarship. This scholarship opportunity was established in 2016 to recognize two students who plan to pursue a career in healthcare. Kim Atkins was a beloved and respected teacher in Rockdale County for many years and was even recognized as a Teacher of the Year. During her battle with breast cancer she and her family depended on the care and compassion of many healthcare professionals. We seek to honor her love for students and her healthcare team by awarding a $2,000 scholarship to two deserving seniors each year.
- Must be a current Rockdale County resident and student
- Demonstrated community service in Rockdale County.
- Anticipating completion of a high school diploma at the time of application with a minimum
- Plans to pursue post-secondary education in the healthcare field in an eligible degree or certificate program at an accredited institution.
Note: The $2,000 scholarship will be paid directly to the college or university.
To apply, you must follow these steps:
- Complete the application. (Applicants can apply between Monday, February 1, 2016 and Thursday, March 25, 2016. Final applications must be postmarked no later than March 25, 2016.)
- Include with the application a narrative describing why you wish to pursue a career in the healthcare field. (Maximum 500 words)
- Include a copy of current official high school transcript (If selected, applicant must provide a copy of final transcripts certificate to demonstrate eligibility for post-secondary enrollment.)
- Provide two letters of recommendation – one must be from teacher and the other from an employer, community service/volunteer coordinator, pastor or other personal reference.
- Application process:
- Type the required information in the boxes below.
- Print out the completed application form.
- Mail this completed application form (signed by applicant, parent/guardian if applicable) with the necessary documents and materials including the narrative, two sealed letters of recommendations, current official high school transcript. The package must be postmarked no later than March 25, 2016.
The Kimberley Chance Atkins Healthcare Scholarship Committee will select the recipients and may require a personal interview as part of the process. The recipients will be announced in April 2016 at an evening reception at Rockdale Medical Center.